Spanish Spicy Potato Hot-Pot
Ingredients (serves 4)
This is a great, dead-easy recipe that'll have you right back there sipping sangria in the sunshine and flirting with Raymundo in minutes. It’s also really versatile and is great to knock up in hostels when you’ve only got one pan and one ring on the hob. I made a version of this for some friends in northern Thailand, substituting the paprika with quite a large quantity of Sriracha hot sauce and the olives and parsley for melted cheese and coriander. The plate came back almost licked clean which is a pretty good sign.
Anyway, to business!
1. Fry the garlic and onions in the pan until golden and then add
the potatoes. I like to have the potatoes already half-boiled at
this point or you’ll be there forever.
2. Add turmeric and paprika and stir for one minute.
3. Stir in the tomatoes and stock, season well and bring to the boil.
4. Add the thyme and drop the heat right down, simmering until
your taters are tender.
5. Serve with a liberal sprinkle of olives and parsley.
Best served with salad and some crusty bread.